Robertson Ryan SE WI Community Reaches Out in Time of Need
MacCanon Brown Homeless Sanctuary is one of our Robertson Ryan Service Day recipients in Milwaukee, and recently reached out to our team in need of assistance. With the frigid cold weather and the pandemic, the demand for food, warm clothing, space heaters, blankets and sleeping bags has increased substantially. We are asking our Southeastern Wisconsin team members and community, to take a moment and see if you have any of the items listed below available for donation.
MacCanon Brown Homeless Sanctuary is a vital part of our Milwaukee nonprofit community, providing a daytime sanctuary for those experiencing homelessness or “at-risk” of homelessness in the resource-scarce 53206 neighborhood, also known as Milwaukee’s “food desert”. Sister MacCanon Brown leads the efforts to provide a safe and supportive, multi-resource center for the community. The center also serves as an emergency warming shelter on cold nights, providing a violence-free space to seek refuge from the elements and find vital services, food, clothing and household items.
Urgent Need Items:
• Space heaters (Electric not Kerosene or Gas)
• Blankets and sleeping bags
• For people without functional cook stoves, we are in need of hotplates, crockpots, electric skillets, toaster ovens and microwaves
• For people on foot who struggle to carry the bags we give them, we ask for suitcases on wheels, small shopping carts, strollers and ice chests on wheels
• Hand warmers, toilet tissue, small packages of Kleenex, Pampers (all sizes), lotions, ChapStick and other basic hygiene products
• Winter boots, coats, long underwear, warm socks, gloves (both genders, all sizes, especially for men size 2X, 3X and 4X)
• Suggested food items: Dinty Moore Stew, Spam, Sardines, Vienna Sausages, Baked Beans, Spaghettios, Canned Yams, Pinto beans, Chicken Noodle Soup and Riceland White Long Grain Rice
Contact-less donations will begin on Monday, March 1st and continue through March 31st at our Robertson Ryan locations listed below. We will have signage in each of our offices indicating where the donations can be placed.
Please practice social distancing and wear a face mask upon entering our buildings.
Items may be dropped off M-F between the hours of 9 AM – 3 PM.
12308 N. Corporate Parkway, Ste. 600
Mequon, WI 53092
(262) 478 3255
330 E Kilbourn Avenue, Ste. 650
Milwaukee, WI 53202
(414) 271 3575
20975 Swenson Drive, Ste. 175
Waukesha, WI 53186
(414) 271 3575
Drop off can also be done at the rear of the center located at 2461 W Center St on Tuesdays, from 10:30 AM-1 PM. Volunteers in yellow vests will be there to receive donations and provide donation forms.
To find out more about MacCanon Brown Homeless Sanctuary’s mission and story, visit their website at: www.mbsanctuary.org/about
Financial donations are also appreciated and can be made online at: https://www.mbsanctuary.org/donate.html.
Please add code RRUN to designate funds for the RRA Urgent Needs Campaign.
If you have any questions or need help with your donation, please call Sarah Kealy at (414) 270 6823.
All of us at Robertson Ryan thank you in advance for your consideration, and for being part of our community efforts.