Insuring a Home-Based Business
Nearly 60% of Home-Based Business Owners Don’t Have Insurance -Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America
Do you have insurance coverage for your small retail or service home-based business? A Home Business Policy provides affordable coverage for small home based businesses. People often believe their existing homeowners or apartment dwellers policy will cover any loss or damage to their business equipment, furniture and supplies in the event of burglary, water damage, or other loss. This assumption can result in significant out of pocket expenses or your business closing. Personal insurance policies usually explicitly exclude coverage for any business exposures on their premises.
Robertson Ryan & Associates evaluates your unique risks and may help you further with product liability, professional liability and/or off-premises exposures.
Consider the followings coverages:
- General liability coverage
- Loss of business income
- Broad coverage with off premises theft
- Comprehensive coverage for business property both on and off premises
- Medical payments to customers injured on the premises
- Electronic data processing or cyber liability
- Unique liabilities to your particular industry
As a top 100 US insurance agency, we have the regional and national insurance carrier relationships specializing in home-based businesses.